Monday, November 26, 2012

Questions from Sunday, November 25, 2012

When does God give us our souls? I've been told our soul was made well before God made us. I can't find scripture to back that up.  As far as I can tell, there is no Scripture that black and white tells us when our soul comes into existence.  We know for sure that human life has a soul, so at least at conception, we would have a soul.  However, God told Jeremiah, as I stated in the sermon, "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born, I set you apart." (Jeremiah 1:5)  This doesn't necessarily mean we have a soul prior to birth, but it does indicate God has a plan for us and a purpose for us prior to birth.  Psalm 139:13 says, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb."  Again, this idea that God knew you before and as you were being formed.  So in regards to abortion, our soul would for sure be evident at conception, because that is when life begins.  And regardless as to when the soul exists, what we do with our soul is of the utmost importance.  Keep pursuing Christ and encouraging others to do the same.  Great question!  Thanks for texting it in.

I had my tubes tied, 4years later I had a tubal pregnancy. The doctor said I was 3 months along. Is it my fault the baby died because I had tubes tied??  I believe in this case, you have to trust your medical professionals who, hopefully, went over every possibility with you before tying your tubes.  We also trust that they did a proper job.  There are some in the Christian world that will try and make you feel bad for tying your tubes saying, "It must have been God's will for you not to do that because you became pregnant later."  Don't let that nonsense play with your mind.  While God is a God of truth and justice, He is also a God of grace.  So if you feel bad about this in any way, God is willing to forgive.  God is willing to show grace.  Your intention was not to have this happen.  God knows your heart.  Be encouraged by Isaiah 41:10 which says, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Thanks for submitting your question.

No comments: